Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

You do not have permission to edit forms on this Smartsheet

Options
jiwhite
jiwhite
edited 12/19/17 in Archived 2017 Posts

I am the Owner of a Smartsheet, ID #4329033635784580, and have already created 22 forms for it. I cloned the last one I created and edited it.  When I tried to save it, I received the error, "You do not have permission to edit forms on this Smartsheet."  Why can't I save this form on the Smartsheet?  Is there a limit to the number of forms associated with a Smartsheet?  I hope not because I still have many more to create.

Comments

• jiwhite
    Options

I am able to create an entirely new form, but I can't seem to clone and save any more, so it's not the number of forms that is the problem.

• jiwhite
    Options

The form that I cloned had a field that no longer had an associated column.  After I edited and saved the form, I was able to clone and save new form.  The error message needs to be more specific about why the form cannot be saved.  It had nothing to do with my permissions. Including the field label would be helpful.

• Kara Lumley
    Options

Thanks for letting us know - we'll make that message more helpful.

Best,

Kara

This discussion has been closed.