Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

ISBOOLEAN help please

Heath Sanders
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi Team,

I have a formula that calculates tax automatically as I enter the amount. I wanted to add Checkbox column, when I tick the box it removes tax and if its untick it continues with original formula.     

=IF(Status1 = "WON", [Value of Jobs Including GST]1 - DepPaid1, ""),ISBOOLEAN, [Value of Jobs Including GST]1-[GST]1

Comments

• Robert S.
    Robert S. Employee

Hello Heath,

Thanks for the question. The ISBOOLEAN() function checks whether a value is a boolean, where as it sounds like you're looking to see whether the boolean is true or false, or in this case a checked or unchecked checkbox. This can be done without a specific function, as checkboxes are equal to 1 if checked and 0 if unchecked. Here's an example of how this formula could be written:

=IF([Checkbox Column]1 = 1, Value without Tax, Formula you already have to calculate with tax)

Since I don't know exactly how your sheet is set up it's hard to give an exact formula, but this should hopefully get you going in the right duration. Replace "Value without Tax" with the formula or cell reference for the value without tax, and replace "Formula you already have to calculate with tax" with the formula you're using to calculate the total with tax.

• Hi Robert,

Value of jobs including GST is where the code is written (Attached) I want the cell to look at Value of jobs excluding GST when ticked. So I need the code you suggested to be imbedded into the code I have already (Attached) 

How should that look ?

Thanks Mate 

tick box.PNG

code.PNG

• Robert S.
    Robert S. Employee

Hello Heath,

Without knowing the name of the checkbox column, I can't give you the exact formula. However here's what the formula should look like if that column was named "Checkbox Column":

=IF([Checkbox Column]1 = 1, [Value of Jobs Excluding GST]1, [Value of Jobs Excluding GST]1+GST1)

To make this work, you can replace your current formula with this one and replace "Checkbox Column" with the name of your checkbox column. 

• Thanks again Robert.....

This discussion has been closed.