Using smartsheets for a punchlist and have ability to check off

Options
jwheeler35166
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have created a punch list with a column (checkbox) to mark completed items. I am sharing the sheet with collaborators (non-licensed) by weblink. This will be accessed through the web on a smartphone. These are our field installers and do not want to be required to have them download the smartsheet app. Through accessing it on the phone the column for completed does not show up in list view and cannot be edited on the other view. I would like to be able to keep up with completed items as they are completed in realtime is an efficient way Is there a solution to this?

Comments

• Alison
    Alison Employee
    edited 01/22/18
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for this question!  I've done some testing on this and it is not possible to make changes to a sheet via a published link on a mobile browser; however, you can add a vote for this to our Enhancement Request list here.  This is also located under "Quick Links" on the right-hand side of this page.

There are two workarounds that many customers use in order to achieve this.

If they do not want to download the app, the best way to achieve this would be through an Automated Update Request. 

Setting up Update Requests would allow them make these changes from their email inbox.  This would not require them to log into Smartsheet.  Since they won't be shared to the sheet, you'll want to make sure you change the settings on the sheet and in your account to allow them to receive the Update Requests.

The other alternative, though you mentioned they'd prefer to not use the app, would be to have users download the app and create Free Collaborator accounts.  This would allow them to make those changes.

Please let me know if you have further questions on this.

Kind regards,

Alison

Smartsheet Support

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I don't know if this is a viable option for your use case. 

Click on the row in the list view in the mobile browser and click edit in the top right corner and make the changes (tap the checkmark in the punchlist) and click save.

I hope this helps you!

Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant / Get Done

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.