Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Notifications

Vince Preater
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi All, I have a list of salesmen on a sheet of warranty information. Is it Possible for these individual salesmen to get an email only related to changes made to their customers only?

Another way of putting it is can a daily notification email be sent based on the salesmens name in the field once a day to that salesman only.

I hope you can help. Vince

Comments

• Hello Vince, 

I understand you want the salesman assigned to a row , to recive notification or reminder periodically or in case there is a change,

reminders or notifications may not be the answer for your need, I reccomend you try reports, where you can define clearly while making a report , the What , where , when , everything. 

hence you can make a report that takes from the main sheet all the information you want and this report can be automatically sent everyday at the same time.

you can tell Smartsheet to search in ( specify sheets) , then the WHO is rows with specific name ( what you need) then WHAT which is a Filter , for example you say not check done rows .....etc ) and finally the When in case your requirment is date sensitive.

so you can say a Report called robert, Select from sheet called clients , all rows assigned to robert, with un done ....or any crieteria ....

then after you finish your report you can have it exported and sent by email automatically .

let me know if this is helpful

thanks

• Vince,

This exact problem can be solved using Azuqua, an integration partner of Smartsheet. I work for Azuqua and the conditional notification scenario you referred to is one of the many scenarios we enable inside of Smartsheet.

Using Azuqua you can set up a monitor for a change either to a row, column, discussion or new row added to a sheet and then send a notification to a person assigned to that row. The notification can also be based on matching a specific condition of a cell inside that row as well.

If you want to learn more please visit our app listing at Smartsheet here:

https://www.smartsheet.com/apps/azuqua

Please feel free to follow up with any questions.

-Patrick

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 09/16/16

Hi All,

We're actively working on this feature. If you have ten minutes to spare, we'd love to get your participation in a usability study we're running.

For more information, see this annoncement:

https://community.smartsheet.com/announcement/weigh-smartsheets-next-strategic-feature

This discussion has been closed.