long numbers are rounding up the last number

Options

My long numbers are rounding up the last number. These are whole numbers. How do I stop them from rounding? The numbers are 16 digits long. When we copy them from any source, they round up. Since these are customer numbers, you can imagine that is a big problem.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Julie,

I can't replicate  your problem.

Can you provide a screenshot and the number and anything else that would be helpful?

Best,

Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant / Get Done

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First, congratulations that you need 16 digits to distinguish your customers from each other.

Second, I recently reported an issue with long integers to Smartsheet support. I was getting strange results when taking a column's ColumnID and converting it to a string. Smartsheet's ColumnID, RowID, SheetID's are typically 16 digits (I don't know if they all are, I don't think so.)

Maybe what you are seeing is related or similar.

The behavior I was seeing (addition unexpected characters added to the string) was not for every number and it was reproducible for some 15 digit numbers as well.

I suggest contacting support@smartsheet.com

Craig

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am on the phone with SS Support with a similar problem now. After Data Shuttle drops a 16 digit value into a cell, it is transforming the final character (on-screen) into a different number. However, if I copy that value out of SS and paste into Excel to compare to the source data, it is correct. That transformed value is causing errors with some index/match formulas across sheets. If I manually copy/paste the value from source csv into a text cell in any Smartsheet, the full value is honored.

The ironic part is my data source is Smartsheet's own Published Items report; the 16 digit value is the published asset ID.

Has anyone had a similar experience?