Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Webforms

Mark Eggleton
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hello. When I create a new webform and have 'use a custom label' checked the associated sheet does not show the custom label name. Is this a bug?

Comments

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

No this is not a bug.  The sheet will show the original column name.

• Mark Eggleton
    edited 08/11/15

Thanks. Why do I have the option to use a custom label that does not get applied? Am i missing something?

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

With custom labels you have more typing space then you do in a column.  This way you can be more specific in a webform that in the sheet it's self.  

• The settings you apply in the web form are only applied to the web form. For example, changing field order, adding custom headers, etc are only affecting the web form. This allows you to have custom headers and descriptions for users filling out the web form without changing the column names in your sheet. 

For example:

Column name in grid - PHA

Custom web form label - Have you completed your PHA yet?

If you want to add a custom label for a column in your grid, double click on the column header. 

This discussion has been closed.