Count if dates are within the next 7 days

Options
Tynisha
Tynisha
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hello,

I'm trying to use the COUNTIFS function to search a reference column full of dates to count how many are within the next 7 days. For the criteria portion of the formula, I've tried using, "<TODAY(7)", "<TODAY() + 7", but they are not providing me with the correct (if any) result. I would like to avoid having to create a workaround by adding a new column to identify if the aforementioned criteria is true, then counting it that way. 

What am I missing? HELP!

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello,

If you're only using one criteria, you'll want to use COUNTIF instead of COUNTIFS.

For example:

=COUNTIF(Start:Start, <=TODAY(7)) 

The above function will count all of the dates if the start date is less than or equal to the current date + 7 days. You'll want to change the Start:Start to the range of your own column in your sheet.

If you're still experiencing issues, let me know what formula you're using and the errors or behavior you're expecting.

• Tynisha
    Options

Perfect, thank you Shaine!

• Rafsun Royal
    Rafsun Royal ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Shaine,

I am using this 

=COUNTIF([Production Move Date]:[Production Move Date], <=TODAY(7))

to get the count for how many will be in production in next 7 days but getting count of 0 though I have 3 that has production date in tomorrow and day after tomorrow.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Rafsun

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Rafsun,

Did you get it working because what I can see it should?

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!