COUNTIF Formula Question

cklasson@
cklasson@
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I'm trying to determine a COUNTIF formula to show what deliverables are due in the next 7 day period based upon a Due Date column. However, I'd like said formula to only showcase what deliverables are in the next 7 days and ALSO be able to EXCLUDE all projects that become overdue.

So essentially I'd like a COUNTIF formula to only showcase what documents/projects are due within the next seven day time span.

So far I have come up with the following equation. It works, however I'm failing to make it also exclude any projects whose due dates fall out of said due date period. It will continue to showcase deliverables that technically are overdue, which I'd like to exclude, as I already have an overdue column.

=COUNTIF([Due Date]:[Due Date], <TODAY(+7))

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions, as I have completely exhausted my idea bank. Thanks!

Tags:

Comments

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just time for a quick note. Try using two COUNTIF functions in the same formula. The first could count everything in the future then subtract another COUNTIF that looks a week out and farther.

To eliminate counting items that are overrunning use the COUNTIFS function instead and only count items that are not overrunning.

Sorry, I don't have more time to be more specific.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!