Creating different sheets based on one main sheet.

rafael.terreri
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi everybody,

I need to create separate sheets containing different information from one master sheet. But I also need to configure this in a way that if a new row is added to the master sheet, it will automatically be added in all other sheets that I created based on the master sheet. 

Any help is appreciated!

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Refael, 

Smartsheet Reports will be your best friend in this instance. You can create a report that pulls only certain information from one master sheet into a report that allows users to view and edit specific rows that apply to whatever criteria you deem should be in the report. Reports are not smartsheets, but an aggregated collection of data from your master sheet. PLUS: if you give someone editing access to the report, they can make changes in their report that will feed back into the master sheet. 

Creating Reports in Smartsheet

• Hi, I would also like to accomplish something like this but with the addition that I would like to use the info generated on those reports to create dashboards and use them in formulas in other sheets, however, I can't reference reports in formulas. Is there a way to do this?.

Thank you.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can you provide a clearer example of what type of formulas/generated info you are wanting to capture? If you're wanting to provide counts of items that are in a report, you can easily create a countifs statement that is measuring against the same criteria that your report is using to pull the data and count those items. 

• Thanks for your reply Mike, the problem I am facing when trying to do that is that even though I can reference other sheets to perform "COUNTIFS", a report I created can't be selected as a reference for me to get the counts from it.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Correct. That feature is not available. But you should be able to use a COUNTIFS to pull the same data/numbers that you have in your report, using the same criteria that you used to create your report. 

On a side note: Please submit an enhancement request for the ability to do COUNTIFS on report data. A number of us in the community have requested this, your vote being added would be helpful.