Sum Reference in another sheet

Kal-El
Kal-El
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Good day All:

I am trying to use a SUMIF formula that would allow me to add everything less than 2,000 with multiple status. Here is the formula I am using but I am receiving an invalid operation. what am I missing?

=SUMIFS({A3: Fi TLS Merchant Impact List Range 3}, <2000, {A3: Fi TLS Merchant Impact List Range 2}, "Left Mssg")

I also tried this formula: 

=SUMIF({A3: Fi TLS Merchant Impact List Range 3}, <2000, AND({A3: Fi TLS Merchant Impact List Range 2}, "Left Mssg")

Tags:

Comments

• sumifs requires the following syntax

range, criterion_range1,criterion1,criterion_range2,criterion2

you seem to have forgotten the range of values you wish to sum over.

perhaps you meant this (summ range and criteria1 the same)?

SUMIFS({A3: Fi TLS Merchant Impact List Range 3},{A3: Fi TLS Merchant Impact List Range 3}, <2000, {A3: Fi TLS Merchant Impact List Range 2}, "Left Mssg")

• Possibly! I want to sum the range in one column (numbers) but only if it meets my status criteria. For example the formula should only total up only those that are in a left message status.

• That formula worked but I do not understand why A3: Fi TLS Merchant Impact List Range 3 is in the formula twice. Shouldn;t it only look at range 3 once and then look for range 2?

• Alos if I wanted to add additional statuses would be as simple as adding another Reference such as {A3: Fi TLS Merchant Impact List Range 2}, "No Answer")

• I found what I was doing wrong. I appreciate your help!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!