Open sheet with a filter and deactivate the option to set filters

Peter
Peter ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi there,

is it possible to open a sheet with the unique url (maybe out of a sight or the intranet) and set a filter plus deactivate the other filters. Maybe with parameter in the url?

many thanks

peter

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Peter

IF you are happy to Publish a Report with a Unique URL then by using the Queries and filters that Smartsheet Report provide, I suspect You can get very close to what you seek? 

That also takes away the need for the viewer to see the background sheet but they will not be able to edit it? 

Or you could publish the sheet itself but that may be less helpful? 

OR Maybe use a Dashboard to show what you wish with Live links for potential editors/ updaters? 

Hope that helps? 

RichardR 

SBP 

• Peter
    Peter ✭✭

Thank you,

the problem in reports is that they don't calculate if ther are changes. You have always to save and refresh ...

I want to calculate a sumary over different sheet (with references) by filling one cell. For intsance: Ordernumber ... how many trucks calculated by weigths of elements ... different sheets for how much on a Truck, different Elements and so on ... no problem in a sheet but lot of rows vor calculation. With report it will work but not very nice ...

hope you understand my bad englisch :-)