Modified Waterfall SmartSheet Template

bbg
bbg
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello Community,

I've just started my trial with Smartsheet and I am planning to migrate from MS Project to Smartsheet due to the flexibility it seem to have in terms of sharing and reporting.

I really enjoy the dashboards and sharing settings and I am looking forward to making the most out of them.

I want to start migrating some of my projects from MS Project to Smartsheet (have discovered the MS Project import feature).

It's a great feature but the import is not flawless and I'd rather recreate the projects from scratch—avoid wasting time to apply fixes.

I want to start with a project managed with modified waterfall methodology. I was looking for such a template in the template library but couldn't find one.

Please see the image attached to understand what I want to achieve.

Wondering if any of you have a template that you could share? I am more interested on the technical setup—how to go back from one phase (summary) to another phase (summary).

Thanks!

002.gif

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It would seem to me that you could set it up backwards and set your dependencies from end to start. How you set your dependencies would create the same concept for you.

Make your last row have no dependency, next to last dependent on the last, and so forth and so on. You'd have to remember to set the date for starting the final task in the final task so that everything flows accurately.

Also, if you click on the dependency row you might be able to set the type of dependency, from finish to start... or something that might replicate that.