Help on Formula for: Savings over time calculation

Grace
Grace
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi again,

I am new on formulas and been conducting some tests on my project tracker. I wanted to get the monthly savings on projects with completed status. I always get a zero even if there's a value on my savings column.

Please let me know which part of the formula is incorrect and what is the best formula should I use if I want to calculate savings for each month?

Many thanks in advance,

Grace

Savings Over Time Calculation.png

Tags:

Comments

• Hi Grace

Your formula is absolutely correct. The catch is the [Column22] isnt in Date format.

Create another column with Edit column properties > Current type Date, Enter the date 31/01/2018 and select it. It should work fine.

Regards

Glen 

• Grace
    Grace
    edited 04/03/18

Hi Glen,

Thank you so much for the response. It did work! Just to add in the question, is there another formula that I can use or can I put in the formula a range of dates for example from 1st to 31st of January 2018 instead of writing the last date of each month on different cells?

example: =SUMIFS([Negotiated/Potential Savings]:[Negotiated/Potential Savings], [Actual End Date]:[Actual End Date], <=01/01/2018 to 31/01/2018, Status:Status, "complete")

I know the date range I provided above is incorrect but just to set an example. I only want to calculate the savings for each month but not to sum the previous savings to the current month.

Many thanks,

Grace

• Hi Glen,

Apologies for asking on this again but I just wanted to check if the information I provided above is clear to you?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Grace

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!