Multiple Stacked IF formula with OR function

Options

I have got a column called [Status Code] which has a single letter between A-J in it.

I then have an adjacent cell where I want to return a specific name depending on which letter is in the previous cell. However I have tried various combinations and cant seem to get it to work. It is nearly there but still erroring. I have checked that the IF and OR functions work on their own but cant seem to bring them all into one line.  

=IF([Status Code]1 = "A", "Greg", IF(OR([Status Code]1 ="B",[Status Code]= "E"), "Carys", IF(OR([Status Code]1 = "C",[Status Code]1 = "D",[Status Code]1 = "F",[Status Code]1 = "H"), "Olivia", IF([Status Code]1 = "G", "Barry", "Warren"))))

can someone spot what is wrong with my formula and help get this working would be much appreciated.

Tags:

Comments

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Warren,

You're just missing a 1 in your second IF statement:

=IF([Status Code]1 = "A", "Greg", IF(OR([Status Code]1 ="B",[Status Code]1= "E"), "Carys", IF(OR([Status Code]1 = "C",[Status Code]1 = "D",[Status Code]1 = "F",[Status Code]1 = "H"), "Olivia", IF([Status Code]1 = "G", "Barry", "Warren"))))

• Warren Parsons
    Options

Awesome thanks Chris.

Sorry was late at night UK time, and failed to spot this simple error!!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!