Viewing real time collaborators sheet updates

Options
Warren Gaylard
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a Smartsheet that has be shared and is in use with others in our business.

My problem is I am unable to see any input to the sheet that has ben done.

What do I need to do to see this. Thanks

Comments

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Warren,

Before you can see any changes, other users shared to the sheet will either need to:

1. click the save icon in the top left of the page
    2. leave the sheet by switching to another Smartsheet tab
    3. leave the sheet idle for a few minutes until it autosaves

If any of these events occur, you will see a "Refresh" icon and alert in the sheet's tab advising you that changes have been made.

Kind regards,

Chris McKay

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Warren, though smartsheet doesn't show you changes as they occur, you can apply formatting to highlight anything that has changed in the past, x days hour, etc. 

See my screenshot for how to set this up. 

2018-04-16_09-28-14.jpg

• Mark Kolodziej
    Options

The way SS forces you to have to refresh to find where the changes have been made is not very efficient. Places like Drive allow you to see others making edits in real time. Is there already a request to have this feature added?

• Shimshy
    Options

I agree with Mark this feature is very important for us

• Hugo Nava
    Options

This is a must. Other web apps (Office, Google Sheets, Wrike), provide real time updates. I don't see why Smartsheet cannot implement this.

• 幸福仓库
    Options

yes why SS cannot ?

• AJP
    Options

Has there been any change/update to this? We will not be able to use SS for our company after all, not if we can't see what cells people are working in. We wanted to replace Office365's Excel with SS for a tracker sheet that 10 people work on simultaneously. Right now, it seems like everyone would be overwriting each other's data if they don't know what rows other people are working in.