Creating a Task Tracker for Multiple Leaders

Options
Gary W.
Gary W.
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I manage a large group of leaders and locations who all are completing similar tasks throughout the month and I am looking to track progress without going back and forth via email. I have created a task list for each location as the parent and each specific task as sub-tasks and then assigned them to each leader. When I share permission to the sheet to the leaders they are able to see the status of the other locations tasks and can also accidentally sign off on the wrong location. Is there a way to only allow them to see their location-specific tasks and sign off only on these without creating a separate sheet for each location? It also makes the calendar view very inundated with the same task.

Comments

• steven.reed14881
    steven.reed14881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Gary,

The solution that immediately comes to mind for your situation is to create a sheet for each individual location. Then grant access for the leaders by their location, and you can manage across all locations through using reports and/or dashboards. This way you won't have leaders mistakenly modifying incorrect items since they won't have access to them. Let me know if you have any questions on how to achieve this.

Steve