Links do not work when exported from Smartsheet to Excel

05/17/18 Edited 12/09/19

hi,

as a part of knowledge migration project in our company, we're storing links to the documents in a tracker on Smartsheet. When opened from smartsheet the links work properly. Unfortunately, when I export the tracker to excel - I am not able to open any of them. Could you advice what could go wrong? Thank you!  

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Anna,

There is a function to convert to hyperlinks in Excel. Look in the ribbon on the formatting section.

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant / Get Done

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• hi Adree, 

thank you for yoru answer. I tried the =hyperlink function but the link still would not open after the conversion. 

btw when you first open the exported excel file the links appear to be there (see the screenshot) - but after I click on them they do not open.

thanks!

Ania 

smartsheet.PNG

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi again Anna,

I was too quick. I thought it worked, but I double clicked on the cell. That makes it a hyperlink.

It's probably possible to write a macro or something similar.

Would that work for you or do you need something more automatic?

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.