Late task notification

2»

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest contacting smartsheet directly at:

https://help.smartsheet.com/contact?frame=0&nav=1&_ga=2.45839012.1831555192.1533555845-1131893367.1527248851&interaction[email]=paulnewcome@merkleinc.com

I opened my emails this morning to an update request sent automatically because something was due yesterday and hadn't been marked complete.

• Sybil Leggo
    Sybil Leggo ✭✭✭

I struggled at first to determine the best way to send out reminders to my team when their tasks were coming due.  I use the reminders notification and it works perfectly.

In the Alerts & Actions menu, choose 'Set A Reminder'.

Instead of selecting a person's name to send to, choose the column name of the contact column.  You can then change when it is sent by clicking 'on' and changing.  You can then select the date column that you want to reference.

Anytime a date comes due, a reminder will be sent to the task owner for that task.

Good luck,

Sybil

• Hello, been reading this with interest.

Can I check something with you.  I am setting up an update request as per screen shots.  Does this set up remind someone every day until they mark the completed box "checked" or does it just send it once?

Thanks!

Mark

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I believe it only sends the one time, but I have not actually tested it before. One thing you could do is to use a Modified (date) type column to track when the row was last updated. You could then place another column in the sheet that uses the TODAY() function (a date type column with =TODAY() in it would work just fine for this particular set-up). What this will do is trigger the TODAY function each day the sheet is opened or otherwise activated (form entries, cell links, etc.). When the TODAY function updates, the Modified (date) column will track that. You could then build in to you update request that if the Modified (date) column changes, and the other criteria are not met to send an update request. This will send an update request for every row that does not meet the specified criteria once per day that the sheet is activated.