Successor needs a Hard start on a Monday following predecessor

AnnaG-F
AnnaG-F
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a way to set up a SUCCESSOR activity to have a hard start on a given day of the week?

I am in the process of setting up a schedule that requires a SUCCESSOR activity to start on the Monday following its predecessor, regardless of what day of the week that predecessor activity ends on.

Comments

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/11/18

=date(year(predecessor@row),month(predecessor@row),day(predecessor@row+1)

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

realized I read that wrong.

=DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1), DAY(A1) + IF(WEEKDAY(A1) = 1, 1, IF(WEEKDAY(A1) = 3, 6, IF(WEEKDAY(A1) = 4, 5, IF(WEEKDAY(A1) = 5, 4, IF(WEEKDAY(A1) = 6, 3, IF(WEEKDAY(A1) = 7, 2)))))))

• Thank you Luke. I tried to get it to work but I must be doing something wrong. Because I am relatively new to using Smartsheet, I'm guessing that I must be missing a step when I try to insert the formula. Can you explain how to incorporate it?

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/13/18

The best way is to rename your column to A paste the formula in then change your column name back. make sure both columns are the date type

• I have a similar requirement. The formula works without Dependencies enable but with them enabled, if I try to add a formula to the start, finish or predecessor column nothing works. Is there a way to set a task to start on a following Monday while Dependencies are enabled? 

Thanks!

Kate