Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

CSV Export

Options
MarkN
MarkN
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I don't see CSV as an export file format option. Does anyone know if this is possible or coming anytime soon?

Thanks,

/mark

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 05/07/15
    Options

Hi MarkN! We currently support exporting to Excel, MS Project, and Google Sheets. That being said, you could export your sheet to Excel, then open the file on your computer and save it as a CSV. 

• PPS Solutions
    PPS Solutions ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mark, what are you then using the csv file for?  We have developed an app that pulls Smartsheet data into CSV and other file formats.  Let me know if that might be of interest.

Pete  

• MarkN
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, Travis and Peter.

Unfortunately, exporting to Excel won't help because it does not support UTF-8 in CSV. Export to Google Sheets might be an option.

@Peter, I'd be interested in learning more about your app if it supports UTF-8 encoding in the CSV output files.

thanks!

/mark

• PPS Solutions
    PPS Solutions ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi MarkN, our app does allow for UTF-8.  It is a simple desktop app that we have developed for one of our existing clients.

Peter

• daniel68616
    daniel68616 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Peter. Do you still have this CSV export app for Smartsheet available?

This discussion has been closed.