Countifs counting

I am trying to count criteria in a couple different cells on my smartsheet. I am using the formula below:

=COUNTIFS(RAID:RAID, "Action", Disposition:Disposition, "Open", Disposition:Disposition, "Retest", Disposition:Disposition, "Post Go-Live")

I am trying to count any Risk, Action, Issue, & Decision and also factoring in if it is Open, Retest, or Post Go-Live.

Any pointers?

Branden 

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It was recommended today to me to use collect and sum in unison to get this data. For some reason, using AND or OR in a Countifs doesn't do the job and your current formula, is saying it has to have ALL of those items to pull the result... try using collect as found in this post: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/help-using-or-sumifs

• MIke- I have tried this and not getting anywhere. Any recommendations? Pretty much, I am trying to a risk which is out of the RAID column that is open, retest, or post go-live. Let me know what you think...

=SUMIFS(COLLECT(RAID:RAID,"Risk" Disposition:Disposition, "Open", OR(@cell = "Retest", OR(@cell = "Post Go-Live"))))

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

As I haven't personally got that to work, I would go with my first suggestion in the post I shared with you. 

You can use basic math functions to add two SUMIFS together. Because SUMIFS does not allow OR or AND filters in the functions, you will have to add the two sumifs together like this: 

=COUNTIFS(RAID:RAID, "Action", Disposition:Disposition, "Open")+COUNTIFS(RAID:RAID, "Action", Disposition:Disposition, "Retest")+COUNTIFS(RAID:RAID, "Action", Disposition:Disposition, "Post Go-Live")

Let me know if that works for you. 

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!