Report Issue

L_123
L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Still having issues with reports even though the down detector says they have been solved

Capture.JPG

Tags:

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Status page

https://status.smartsheet.com/

shows they are still 'monitoring' and will roll out a fix today (2018-07-18). It is 7:17am in Bellevue WA.

Hopefully they fix it for good. This has been going on for a while now.

Craig

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. Guess I misread that. It's somewhat ambivalent wording.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

No worries.

Craig

• I have set my Start of FY in Project settings to July. No matter whether I select the timeline view to be FY2020 or calendar 2020 the Gant view always shows the year change between Jun to July. Even though the label on the display changes from FY2020 to 2020, the change occurs between Jun and Jul. If I am not displaying FY, then the year change should occur between Dec and Jan.

Please advise!

Mark Shampine

2019-11-26 CY.png

2019-11-26 FY.png

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You have the start of your fiscal year set to july. go to your project settings and change it to january. see picture below.

Also it is better to start a new question rather than post to one here. Posting here means only craig and I see it. Posting a new question means any number of people see the question and can answer. Also it helps people if they have the same question and are trying to look it up.

FY.JPG

• I thought I had started a new thread, apologies. I was using the app not the browser. Thanks.

As to your reply, what I think I am hearing you say is that the label of FY2020 v 2020 has no bearing on what Smartsheet uses for year end. If I set a fiscal year start of Jul, any year view will reference Fiscal year. There is no Calendar Year view vs. Fiscal year view. If that is indeed the case, I'd like to suggest that for a feature enhancement. It would be handy to be able to toggle between Calendar year vs Fiscal Year.

Thanks for the info.

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

NP. I think somewhere there was probably a translation issue. I've seen many people misread FY as For Year instead of Fiscal Year.

You can submit a product enhancement request on the right bar of this webpage. I highly recommend doing so, it is what smartsheet uses to plan many of their improvements.