Resource Plan

Peter Li
Peter Li
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I have some questions using Smartsheet Resource Plan below

I knew that we can create a standard resource view on each project sheet, using start / end date of duration and make it as % allocation

Do you think that this is possible to select one project from the entire project list or force to select one set of projects in smartsheet for resource view?

The reason I ask here because I need to know how if we have enough resource to finish say like 10 multiple projects at the same duration, if this is resource level overflow, then we can reduce to 5 projects to fit our resource time during planning.

But somehow that I got a full list of projects on each person on resource view when they found themselves overflow and "more than 100% allocation"

Thanks for help

Comments

• Hello,

Resource views are designed to show overallocation on resources in any sheets they're assigned tasks on—currently, there isn't a way to strictly view only selected projects. Other sheets that a resource is assigned to will appear in the resource view when their start/finish dates overlap with the projects you're looking at in the view.

When you have a moment, please submit a product enhancement request using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site and let our Product team know that you'd like to have more resource planning functionality built into resource management.