Multiple selection on a drop down list

07/30/18 Edited 12/09/19
Accepted

Hi,

I read in another tread that the ability to select multiple items in a dropdown list was in development. Does anyone know if that is available now?

Best Answer

Previous134

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Silvia,

Unfortunately, it isn't possible yet. A possible workaround could be to use the Google Form integration or similar.

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant @ Get Done

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• I opted for creating several columns with a Check boxes.

Thank you. =)

Great!

Happy to help!

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Multiple selections in a field are something I need for assigning multiple people or resources.  The checkbox works for a temporary solution, but it doesn't look as elegant as a multi-selection would. 

Hi Dianne,

I don't know if you're aware that it's possible now to have multiple contacts in a contact column. Did you know? Does it help?

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

I hope this helps you!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

• I use the Google form integration for this. Works very well.

I also change the form theme so it is close in appearance to a Smartsheet webform and the crews don't notice the difference :)

Information is transferred across in the format I want and I can use the Alerts & Notifications in Smartsheet to keep everyone informed of the updates.

• I've submitted this as a Product Enhancement Request, as well. This is a very straight-forward feature. We can see they have the capability to offer it because it's almost identical to the functionality of the Contact List column type.

• I also need this feature.  It seems to have been on the roadmap for a long time.  Does anyone know when this might be available?

• EzraEzra ✭✭
    edited 03/19/19

Yep, would be a nice addition. Is there a way to vote-up this or other suggestions? (aside from "liking" this post)

• What's the latest update on this functionality?

• David_UmDavid_Um ✭✭✭✭✭

Also interested in an update...

• Need this - like today! :)

• Samantha LevySamantha Levy ✭✭✭✭✭

Also interested in an update.  

• I haven't even officially started using Smartsheet and I already want this. Huge limitation for something that claims to be so robust.

• I, too, would love an update the ability to multi-select dropdown list items. Works great in the multiple contacts field. Is this currently on the roadmap?