Setting up an agile project

hemsmurali
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Sorry for the long post but need help setting up an agile project spanning multiple sprints. I am new to Smartsheet and so any help is greatly appreciated. The project is currently in progress and our goal is to launch phase 1 of this project by Jan 2019. I have 7 developers and we usually plan our sprints based on the number of story points each person has available for that sprint (2 week sprint). Typically, a full capacity would be 18 story points. I am now asked to create a timeline to see how the various stories line up and when we can launch what. The factors to consider while putting together this timeline are: dependencies between various stories, how many devs can work on the stories each sprint. I already have the estimates (in story points) for all the stories in the backlog. I understand how to create a backlog and setup the sprints. But what I am struggling with is figuring out how to plan capacity based on story points and how I can create a projected timeline. Please advise. 

Comments