Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

PRINTING. wrong size. wrong format. wrong alignment. Totally waste of money

OZW STEEL
OZW STEEL
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I was expecting something more profesional. Definitely not suitable for companies  . 

I can't print properly. wrong size. wrong format. wrong alignment. Totally waste of money

Tags:

Comments

• I was expecting something profesional. Definitely not suitable for companies  

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi OZW, we offer different printing sizes, formats, and settings depending on what you are trying to do with your printed sheets. You can adjust the paper size, scaling, included columns/rows, and more. If you could give us specific information about what you are looking for and what you are having trouble with, it may be possible we can offer solutions to your printing troubles. 

• We print from smartsheet all the time. It takes a couple attempts to get all your settings the way you want them but once you figure out how the printing works, its a breeze. One thing we first noticed was the print would be tiny font and the page is extremely wide. This was because we selected the option to fit to one page and we were zoomed in to our Gantt chart which stretched over 2 years. Zooming out of the Gantt chart fixed this for us. Also, make sure you save after making any changes and before printing. Smartsheet will print the sheet as it was after the last save. 

• We also print our Commissioning Sheets from Smartsheet. I will say that fitting everything the way we want it is VERY challenging with larger projects with extensive information. In those cases I simple export to Excel and format the information that way.

• esugalski
    esugalski
    edited 10/16/15

I am having similar issues getting smartsheet to export and/or print with the appropriate zoom level.  I am able to zoom out when viewing the gantt through the online application, but when exporting or printing the gantt, it defaults to a zoomed in view.  This results in either a.) tiny text when shrinking to the size of one page, or b.) a 10-page gantt chart.  We need to embed these gantts into our proposals, and being able to format these charts is an absolute must for us.  I will be dropping all of our licenses and reverting back to MS Project if this doesn't get figured out right away. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

esugalski - make sure you save your sheet after changing your Gantt zoom settings and before printing. When you print, the result will be however your sheet was at the last save.

• I agree, great product very poor printing funciton.  If a PDF does not come up after printing or exporting what should I do?

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Will, "if a PDF does not come up..." you will need to locate it on your computer. It was downloaded (likely) to your default downloads folder (just like any other file you download to your computer). A quick Google search can help you locate this as it might be different depending on your OS and browser. 

• Phew......ok, this is a complete edit of my previous comments made in frustration. I was also experiencing some major issues with printing out the Gantt charts and not having much success after several hours this past Friday. I sent an e-mail to customer service and this Monday morning, tried what they suggested. Success! It printed the way I wanted and it looks great. Thank you, thank you, thank you Smartsheet customer service!!

• What was the solution?

Thank you in advance

This discussion has been closed.