Work around for hiding rows?

10/09/18 Edited 12/09/19

Anyone figure out how to hide rows?  I have a formula that blanks them out, but I would rather them hide and roll up.

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Would it work to use a filter?

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• baddamsbaddams ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have parent and child rows you can collapse them. You can also right click on the Primary column at the top and collapse all at once.

• Not exactly what I am looking for;  I have a formula written to "blank" out cells, but I would rather hide them.

• I have a formula that is "blanking" the cells, but what I want is to be able to hide them, like you can in excel.  If I don't get this to work probably going to have to go back to excel.....

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

You can accomplish a similar result with a filter. 

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• J. Craig WilliamsJ. Craig Williams Top Contributor

I also use filters for this. I assume because you seem to be adverse to this but haven't stated why, you use filters for other reasons. Unless you are using many filters on the fly (which I often do), adding your 'hide the row' functionality into the filter is one of your best bet.

The other is to use Reports.

Craig