Reports and folders

Lihi001
Lihi001 ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I'd like to ask if reports are pulling data from sheets in folders just the same as they pull from a workspace?

Assuming the report set for 'Where' as the whole workspace and I move sheet from the workspace to a folder inside the same workspace, will I see the same data in the report in those two options?  

...Looking for best way distinguish sheets of completed projects from on-going but still have visibilty to their data in reports, in case you have better ideas.

Thanks!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'd like to ask if reports are pulling data from sheets in folders just the same as they pull from a workspace?

No, there is a big difference, and that is that when it's a workspace, the report(s) will include all sheets that are present.

Assuming the report set for 'Where' as the whole workspace and I move sheet from the workspace to a folder inside the same workspace, will I see the same data in the report in those two options?  

Yes.

...Looking for best way distinguish sheets of completed projects from on-going but still have visibilty to their data in reports, in case you have better ideas.

I'd recommend a separate workspace (Archive, Completed Projects) where you move the completed projects too and if you want you can include that workspace in the report(s).

Another way to do it is to use a naming convention where you change the name of the project to completed or similar (can become cumbersome if you have more than a few objects per project)

Would that work for you? 

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.