Remove Me function from workspace who shared with a group

Lihi001
Lihi001 ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi there,

is there a way to use remove me, in case a workspace or sheet where shared with a group an i am in this group?

...i haven't found it so maybe you know

thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

If you right click on the Workspace name and select Remove Me from Sharing that will remove you from the Workspace.

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Lihi001
    Lihi001 ✭✭✭

it is unavailable if the share was initially to a group an i am in that group...do you know how come?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I missed that you were shared thru a group.

Because you are in a group, it isn't possible to leave without removing the group from the Workspace.

• When someone is shared to a sheet as part of a group, they can't be removed from the sheet without removing the entire group.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Tate Forgey
    Tate Forgey ✭✭✭

Hello, this is an old thread, but I think it refers to the roadblock I am hitting. I am trying to clean up my workspaces and I can't remove myself from sharing because I am part of a group.

Ummmm.... okay, well I don't want to be part of that group. Sorry, even though we'll let you see the groups that have been shared to the workspace we are not even going to tell you which one you are in and worse we are not going to provide a way to remove yourself from whatever group is causing this workspace to appear for you.

Am I missing something here? How do I get out of whatever groups is causing this workspace to be shared to me? (In this case it is "Smartsheet Mobilizer Kit v2".) There has got to be a way, right?

• Hi @Tate Forgey

You can click on a group in a sharing window to see who is included in it and check for your email that way. Once you find the Group, you'll need to find the group owner and ask them to remove you. You could also ask the owner of the Workspace to share the item to individuals instead of the group, then remove you.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Tate Forgey
    Tate Forgey ✭✭✭

Thanks for the reply, Genevieve. Unfortunately, I can't view the groups. When I click on any of the groups the workspace is shared to, I get the message, "You don't have permissions to view this group." I have emailed the owner of the workspace, which looks like a generic Smartsheet address, and haven't heard back in more than a week.

This doesn't seem right on a number of different levels. It feels like getting spam emails without an unsubscribe link. I should not have to hunt around for random email addresses and hope that someone, someday gets me out of this group and this workspace. I should be able to determine how I want to use Smartsheet.

• Hi @Tate Forgey

Thanks for clarifying that you're unable to see the Group members; this is likely because the other members of the group are not part of your Smartsheet plan/account.

The Workspace you are referring to ("Smartsheet Mobilizer Kit v2") is shared to members of the Mobilizer program. There's an email address you can contact within the Workapp (see the Dashboard in that workspace called "Mobilizer Portal: Start Here" which will take you to the Workapp). You can email that address instead of the "owner" to contact the Mobilizer team to be removed from the program and the workspace.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• zealvert
    zealvert ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I am also facing the same issue. Can't remove myself from a group / workspace. It's very disturbing.

Any tip please?