Multiple approvers on one row

ellodemello
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello, 

I am trying to setup an approval that would have 4 contacts that need to sign-off. They are all from different departments, so they would be looking for different things in the approval. I would need all of the approvers to sign-off before the task status changes from "Ready for Approval" to "Complete". Is there a way to accomplish this without having separate approval columns?

Thank you!

Tags:

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Yes and no.

Yes, if they should approve one by one (approvals are sent to the next after the previous has approved), You could then store the status in the same column and when the last one approves it would change to complete.

No, if you want them to be able to sign at the same time and not use specific columns for each approver.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée,

If possible we would not like to wait for each person to respond to the approval before the next signs off. This could possibly create delays. 

Is there another way to do this? Would a form work better? What would the columns look like if this was the only way to solve this problem?

Thanks, 

Amy

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

A form wouldn't work. Another option could be to use the DocuSign integration. Everyone can sign/approve and when everyone answered it would be attached to the row and you can change it to complete. Columns otherwise could be Approver 1, Approver 2 and so on.

Would any of those options work?

Best,

Andrée

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée,

I am struggling to achieve multiple approvals, in my particular case I have 4 approvers but in sometimes there will be two or three. I was looking for a way that by using a formula it can look in a range of cells and identify the "approved" ones and if all of them are the same then mark a checkbox that will be my trigger to send for next approval stage. 

I appreciate your help

Regards,

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jose,

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

• ShariM
    ShariM ✭✭

I am trying to create an approval workflow for multiple approvers. These approvals can/should be done at the same time, not sequentially. I am struggling to get the workflow to do this. Is it possible?

Thank you,

Shari

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Shari,

Yes. It's possible!

You have to set up multiple Approval Workflows if you want them all to be available at the same time.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold