Is there a way to share resource view?

Kirk Preston
Kirk Preston ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Simply what I said in the topic name. I see that I can create resource views, but there does not appear to be any way to share them without exporting to Excel. Is this correct? Thanks.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

That's correct, but you can make any other licensed user a resource viewer as well and then they can also see the resource view.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Maxim Lobko
    Maxim Lobko ✭✭✭✭

Hello Andrée,

I've created a Resource View and gave it a name (Sustaining Activities) and I would like the same to be accessible by some of my colleagues.

Following your suggestion from the previous post it seems I would need to make those colleagues a resource viewers as well. But I'm not sure how to do this without asking them to re-create same resource view in their accounts.

Could you please share a more detailed instruction if possible?

Thanks,

Maxim

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Maxim,

I was a little unclear in my previous post. What I meant was unfortunately that they would need to create the same resource view(s) in their account because they are not shareable.

I think we will see enhancements coming later in the year because of the recent acquisition of 10,000ft.

Did you see that Smartsheet recently acquired the company 10,000ft? I think we will see significant changes and features added from them and hopefully, we will already see something at this years Engage conference.

Speaking more broadly, with the integration of 10,000ft, Smartsheet customers will benefit from the ability to plan and allocate resources across their projects, optimize resource allocation by function or skill set, track time against forecast, and gain real-time portfolio level visibility into the status of budgets and deliverables.

I can't wait!

More info: 

https://www.10000ft.com/

More info: https://www.smartsheet.com/content-center/news/smartsheet-acquires-10000ft-enhance-resource-management-capabilities

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.