How to NOT save/edit a filter

suws
suws
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I want to be able to make a quick change to a filter without saving it. I want the filter I save to be the template, which I can make changes to, but the changes don't edit the template. 

I have plenty of useful filters and often want to make small adaptations to them without saving the change. When it saves the small change I made, that filter is then less useful in the future and I would have to delete that parameter to use the filter again. I just want to be able to make small tweaks when necessary, not save it, and continue to use the template filter.

For example, I have a filter that pulls up the prospects that haven't been phone called yet. Depending on that day's circumstances, I may want to focus on the clients in a specific time zone. By filtering for that timezone, smartsheets automatically edits that "No Phone Call" filter, and the next day when I'm calling a new time zone, I have to edit the filter again, remove the old time zone and add the new one.

I only want the template filter saved. Not the miscellaneous information that I filter for that changes daily. 

I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance! 

Answers