Limit on conditions in Report Builder criteria?

Mike L.Mike L.
edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet
11/29/18 Edited 12/09/19

I have a report where I want to show results where: 

field A

does not contain value 1

does not contain value 2

does not contain value 3

does not contain value n

Is there any upper limit to this or performance hit that you get when "n" is too large?  If so what number is a recommended level not to exceed, 25, 50, 100, 500, 1000?

Thanks!

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mike,

How would you use this?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? That would make it easier to help. 

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• I have a report that shows data on active projects.  It pulls data from a sheet that includes active and past projects.  When I initially created it I pulled in all of the projects and exclude the past (inactive) ones.  Eventually I will do things like create a status field and label projects as active and inactive and use that to filter the report results but to get it done quickly I just excluded the old record numbers.  Projects tend to last a year or longer so they don't drop off often.  Anyway I don't consider this to be a good design but it just made me wonder if there is limit on how many conditions you can set in the report builder, either a limit fixed by the system or a general number where too many conditions causes performance problems. (thanks!)

report builder.jpg

Ok.

I never heard of a limit and never had any issues so if there is one I would expect it to be a high number.

Best,

Andrée

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Good news!  Thank you !!!

Happy to help!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée