Visually Tracking Changes

edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet
11/30/18 Edited 12/09/19

Is there a way to visually/graphically see changes to an activity "before and after" on the Gantt or calendar view?  I.E. if an activity is running longer than original input is there a way to show the original end point and the added time?

Popular Tags:

Comments

• Mike WildayMike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭

Not that I am aware of. Someone may have a solution but the limitations to the GANNT chart are just two dates. 

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Maybe it could work to make a copy of the original plan and then show them both in a report.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Thank you for the comments-replies.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Mike WildayMike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you thought about duplicating each task to show the actual vs. planned? You could have a row for planned and a row for actual? The Gannt chart would display the rows beside each other to visually see the differences. You can also adjust the colors of the ACTUAL gannt rows to differ from the other ones. 

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/516441-changing-the-color-of-gantt-calendar-bars

Rather than showing two different reports you would be able to show one Gannt that visually indicates where the project went off course and how it affected the rest of the project.