dependencies

gesco
gesco
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I want a progress colun to have values such as:  not started, started, pending and complete.  When one of these values are selected in a drop down I would like a "% complete" column to populate automatically with a corresponding symbol with grey dot, quarter dot filled, half dot filled, 3/4th dot filled, black dot = complete.

How do you do this? 

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/06/18

Hi,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to use this in the % Complete column that is selected in Project Settings because you can't change the column type. You'd have to have another % Complete column or not use the % complete function.

Try this.

=IF([Drop Down]@row = "Not Started"; "Quarter"; IF([Drop Down]@row = "Started"; "Half"; IF([Drop Down]@row = "Pending"; "Three Quarter"; IF([Drop Down]@row = "Complete"; "Full"))))    

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.  

=IF([Drop Down]@row = "Not Started", "Quarter", IF([Drop Down]@row = "Started", "Half", IF([Drop Down]@row = "Pending", "Three Quarter", IF([Drop Down]@row = "Complete", "Full"))))

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did it work?

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

How did it go? Did you manage to get something set up?

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.