Add date range to pie charts on a dash board

Options

Hi,

Currently I have a dash board that displays pie charts for pass, fail, and pending categories within different projects. Right now it includes all the data within the sheet. I'm wondering if I can add some sort of option to specify the dates included in the chart. For example, show me pass, fail, pending for 2018 or from 08/01/18-Present? Thank you

Comments

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee
    Options

Hello Christina,

We currently don’t have the functionality to specify a date range from the chart widget. When you have a moment, please submit a Product Enhancement Request (you’ll find a link to this here in Community under Quick links on the right).

A work-around to this would be to create a formula that counts the number of items for each category that fall within a specified date range. For example, the formula below will count the number of tasks with the status “Pass” that have a date greater than or equal to 8/1/18 and less than or equal to today:

=COUNTIFS(Status:Status, "Pass", Date:Date, >=DATE(2018, 8, 1), Date:Date, <=TODAY())

To count the number of failed or pending, copy the formula into another cell and change the “Pass” to “Failed” (repeat this step for “Pending” tasks).

If you would rather display this data in a grid, I would recommend creating a report to filter tasks that fall within the specified date range and using the report widget to display the tasks on a dashboard.

I hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 10.50.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 10.51.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 10.51.25 AM.png