Well...I tried my best

Kyle Morgan
Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

...to like this update.

I really tried.

But, I can't.

And to pour salt in the wound, Smartsheet has alluded to a cost increase when my subscription renews in Feb.

I have been with Smartsheet for approx 4 years - I track north of 300 projects annually - across 3 continents /100+ vendors /14 factories...

It is obviously too late to switch platforms, set up and learn a new system, retrain an entire company before Feb. At this point, my only option is to make cuts in our subscription, where I can, to offset any $ increase while I seek out other systems.

I realize that many people still love this system but, I have nothing nice to say about the current state of Smartsheet. This latest update brought zero functionality upgrades and only succeeded in hindering productivity. And then to email me stating that you will be raising my subscription to "maintain my support access" is absolute rubbish. 

I will save you all from any further criticisms while I plan my exit.

What an absolutely heartbreaking way to end 2018. I have a feeling that 2019 is going to be a long year. 

Comments

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

...and the saga continues.

I just rec'd another email from Smartsheet addressing my inquiry into the ( and I quote ) a small increase in price to maintain your support access” that I was emailed about on Dec 11th.

Smartsheet's response? Oh...."that was a mistake".

Apparently, I am (and I quote, again) "...on the current pricing plan and so that does not pertain to your renewal." 

What the heck is this supposed to mean? Why send me an email requesting that I call you so I can discuss a price increase....that doesn't actually pertain to me?!?!

Well, I guess I will just have to wait and see if they make another "mistake" with my rate when it is time to renew.

nono guys. 

• Gwyneth C
    Gwyneth C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Kyle,

I wanted to follow up here to clarify about the email that was mistakenly sent to you (both for you and for others here who may be wondering what happened). The mail you received was intended for customers who are on legacy plan types (more on legacy plan types here). I confirmed with the sales team that they followed up with you and explained that the message was sent to you in error. Apologies!