Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

AppSheet Date format

Options
Wayne Burr
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi There

Although I have set Data locale as English (Australia) the date format on AppSheet is still American Format/ shows 2/18/2016 should be 18/2/2016.

Could you advise if this is an issue that can be fixed or a future enhancement?

Keep up the great work - AppSheet = Love it..

Regards Wayne 

Tags:

Comments

• Scott Willeke
    Options

This looks like a good question for AppSheet. A link to AppSheet Support is available on AppSheet's listing page in the Smartsheet Apps & Integrations Gallery. I'm not sure if AppSheet formats the dates according ot the device hosting the app or according to the user's Smartsheet settings. Some information that might be useful to pass along to AppSheet is below...

AppSheet uses the Smartsheet API to access cell values. The Smartsheet API always returns Date values in a standard format so that client applications like AppSheet know how to interpret the date (more information on the detail is here). The API does reveal the current Smartsheet user's preferred date format via the locale attribute of the user profile (more detail here). This enables client applications using the API such as AppSheet to format dates according to the user's preferred date format.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wayne

we experienced a similar miss match of dates between USA and UK Format using Appsheet and I have to say they were absolutely brilliant at resolving it within 24 hrs last week. If you have not already resolved this, then do a sync and the update should resolve this, contact myself or the guys at Appsheet directly.

We too are absolutely delighted with the Functionality by combining Appsheet with Smartsheet and due to popular demand we are designing solutions for Timed Reminders for big event teams and onsite worker updates for the construction industry, the list is endless... 

For other community members to know why we are excited... See our 1 min video explaining here...  http://smarterbusinessprocesses.com/appsheet/

This discussion has been closed.