Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How can I quickly add a RYG ball to all rows in a sheet?

JohnHinkle
JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

When starting a new sheet, I would like to apply the green ball (status) to all rows. Is there an easy way to do this so I don't have to go through each individual column and select the green ball?

Tags:

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

John,

Add the following function into the column.  Once you have two rows it will automaticly copy it down to new rows.

="Green"

Be aware that once you change it to Yellow or red the Formula will be over written.

Note: If the data is being brought in from a Smartsheet Web form, Place the word Freen in as a default and hide the Field in the form.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

John - If you want to quickly add a Green status to group of existing rows, you could use the ‘copy down’ keyboard shortcut. To do this, single left click in your first cell with the Green status, hold shift, and single left click in the last cell of the Status column. Press CTRL + D to copy down the Green status for all your highlighted cells (Use CMD instead of CTRL if you are on a Mac).

• Another way to select a ball color quickly is to just enter the first letter of the color in the field. So, "G" would be the same as '="Green"' in the first reply, then Ctrl-D from the second reply.

This discussion has been closed.