Sudden issues with spell check and text display!

J.Alfred
J.Alfred ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello. I have 2 related issues that happened simultaneously and suddenly (1 week ago):

(1) although in my personal settings I have English (United States) as regional preference, all correct English words are now underlined in red!

(2) in the text/numbers boxes I use to write paragraphs without any problem. Now the sentences are not showing correctly: the words at the end are cut when going to the next line (see attached)

I hope there is a quick fix because this is very weird and inconvenient!

Thanks for help

Capture.JPG

Comments

• Hi J.,

Smartsheet doesn't offer a native spell check feature - we can use the spell check functionality from your browser. I suggest checking your browser settings and also any extensions you may have. 

For the words being cut off, do you have word wrap enabled? 

wordwrap.png

• Hi Kara,

For the 1st issue, yes indeed it was my browser's problem. I don't know why it turned off English Spell Check! now it's working. Many thanks!

For the 2nd issue I don't think it's a matter of word wrap. I usually do not use word wrap (I don't want to increase the width of the rows). When I want to copy-paste the content into a PowerPoint slide for example, I never had this problem before even without word wrap. Now if I select the text and copy-paste it into the PPT slide, it looks like the attached capture. This never happened since I started using Smartsheet back in 2016. There must be a setting...

Thanks again for your support.

Capture.JPG

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'd be happy to take a look.

Can you share a copy of the sheet and maybe also a copy of the PPT? That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.