Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

using start and end time columns to calculate hours worked for a timesheet page

1235»

Comments

• Travis;

I'm using this formula successfully to calculate "time worked" from a start and end time column, however, it throws an error when the end time is on the next day, e.g. starting at 10:00 pm and ending at 12:00 am. Is there a known adjustment for this? Thanks,

• Hello Travis,

Good day to you.

I have used above formula for our attendance sheet and it works well!!

I just had one concern, when converting the hours into no. we get #INVALID Value for some of the rows higher than 10. Please see the attached image.

Would you please assist us to overcome this issue.

Many thanks.

Screenshot1936709514.png

• Hi Travis, 

I'm using your AMAZING formula for an auto date/time column.

Can you help with a formula to convert auto created (date) column into military time to calculate the duration between the start time and end time? 

This is the formula I was trying to use but couldn't make it work. 

=IF(FIND("PM", [Time Column]@row) > 0, (VALUE(LEFT([Time Column]@row, FIND(":", [Time Column]@row) - 1)) + 12) + "" + RIGHT([Time Column]@row, 2), LEFT([Time Column]@row, FIND(":", [Time Column]@row) - 1)) + "" + RIGHT([Time Column]@row, 2))

Capture.PNG

This discussion has been closed.