% Complete staying 0

03/22/19 Edited 12/09/19
Answered - Pending Review

Good Afternoon,

I am new to Smartsheet, and am having trouble with what seems to be a simple task. The parent % complete will not change from 0%, no matter what I put in the child's information.

Thanks.

Smart Sheet - Gantt summary issue.jpg

Answers

• Additional Information:

I just found out that if I change all the children to 100% then the parent gets changed to 100%. If any of the children are not 100% then the parent is 0%.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Don,

Have you activated the % Complete feature in the project settings?

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• I believe that I have

Smart Sheet - Gantt summary issue - 2.jpg

• Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I turned off the dependencies and the options in the project settings. Saved the sheet. Reopened the sheet, and set the dependencies. Saved the sheet. Reopened the sheet, set the options, and now the rollup works for the % complete.

Thanks again for your direction.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• @Andrée Starå,

I have the same issue and performed the suggested steps (quoted above), but no change. Interestingly, some of the parent rows DO calculate % complete correctly based on the child rows - some of the parent rows DON'T. Any suggestions?

Thank you!