Formula that takes a Start Date from one column and calculates number of days populates another colu

Options
Fredrick Rogers
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have tried a number of formulas in an effort to - enter a date in one column / row and have it calculate out 30 days and self populate a date in a different column / same row .  This date column is already part of another calculation dependent on a completion date to give me how many days past due .  

I have  a check box which is formatted in to a cell to count how many projects are in sheet (Numaric) - Release date -  which i need to auto fill the date due column -  I have a start date that already is already formatted in to the project count to show how many projects are started (Numaric)  -  Due Date (Which i need to have auto filled 30 days from the release date) Column Date submitted are the drivers in the Days past due  

Seems like it would be simple - like i'm missing something  -  put a date in one cell and have another cell display a date all in the same row -  can any one give me a suggestion -  might be over thinking here .  

Comments

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

=[Start Date]1 + 30 

will give you 30 days after the start date if that is what you are asking for. If not i'm gonna need a little more clarity. Maybe a screenshot?

• Fredrick Rogers
    Options

Thank you this worked was able to get required results from your information  -  ? was back on its self . 

=[Start Date]1 + 30 start date]) brought it around .   Thanks so much  You have a wonderful rest of your day .  

Again much appreciated -  First time on the community - Found it very useful .