Dashboard Gantt Milstone display as activity

Trym Dahl
Trym Dahl
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, 

In the visual part of the Gantt charts, my milestones show with the visualization of an activity.

In the actuall timeplan/gantt its visualized as the black diamond, in the report it is also a black diamond, however in the dashboard widget, its displayed with the visual attributes of an activity.

Is there a way to chage that?

Comments

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee

Hi Tryn,

It sounds like a milestone from a report is being displayed a task bar instead of a black diamond in a dashboard. I tested this out and embedded the report using both the report widget AND web content widget. In both cases, milestones appeared as black diamonds.

I'd recommend adding the report to your dashboard again to see if the milestone symbol appears. Be sure to create a new widget —I wouldn't suggest create a clone. If the milestone appears, you could delete the widget that isn't working for you.

If the above doesn't work for you, reply with two full screen screenshots: one of your report and specifically that milestone and one of the dashboard showing the same task

• Hi Alejandra, i tried adding the widget again but had the same result, attaching printscreens from the different sheets/reports - see filename.

Best regards

Trym

from-add-new-widget.PNG

from-dashboard.PNG

from-gantt.PNG

from-report.PNG

• Caravan
    Caravan ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone help on this please. Can't see milestone as diamonds on gantt in dashboard.

Thanks

• Hi @Caravan

Can you provide more information? I'm unable to replicate what you're seeing:

How are you adding the report to your Dashboard, are you using the Report Widget or publishing a Report?

• Caravan
    Caravan ✭✭✭✭

Hi Genevieve, thank you for responding. How do you get the view you've shared into dashboard to look exactly the same as sheet/report?

I have no problem seeing the same as your example but not as widget on dashboard.

Thanks in advance

• Caravan
    Caravan ✭✭✭✭

I was using Report Widget. I guess I should have publish the report then add to dashboard?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 03/28/23

Hi @Caravan

In the first example above I am using the Report Widget as well; in order to display this in a Gantt view, you'll need to have both the Start and End date column showing in the Report then select Gantt as your view!

If this isn't working for you, it would be helpful to see screen captures of your source data and how your widget is configured, but please block out sensitive data.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Caravan
    Caravan ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Genevieve. I didn't select gantt view in my report.

Really appreciate your insights.

• Caravan
    Caravan ✭✭✭✭

Quick question please. I know I can change the color of the task on gantt view but can I change the color of the milestone (diamond)?

Thanks in advance

• Hey @Caravan

I'm glad to hear this worked for you 🙂

There currently isn't a way to change the colour of the milestone diamond, however you could change the colour of the entire row using Conditional Formatting (so the background colour) if that helps.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Caravan
    Caravan ✭✭✭✭

Thank you. It would be great if there was a way to change the milestone's color in Gantt.