Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Freeze Rows?

Options

Comments

• Shaun See
    Shaun See
    edited 03/30/17
    Options
  • Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi All—

We've got a new way for you to submit ideas to our Product team. Check out the announcement detailing this process here: https://community.smartsheet.com/announcement/new-way-submit-your-feature-requests

• Josh Garcia
    Options

Please add my vote for for row freezing.

• RebeccaH
    Options

Please add my vote to this request. 

• Keith Lawton
    Options

Needing to Freeze Rows. Adding support for this feature.

• Mike Steiner
    Options

Hi Travis.

It's been more than year since this discussion was updated.

Is the functionality to freeze rows now on the roadmap?

If so, when might we expect to see it?

Thanx,

Mike

• Z.Win
    Z.Win ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know i'm jumping in late, but please add my vote for this feature as well.

• ranjithm
    Options

Please mark my vote for Row freezing , It is getting difficult to interpret the data , when my broad reports are emebedded in the sights ...

• Vince
    Options

How many votes does this need to get implemented? 

• R.Silber
    R.Silber ✭✭✭✭
    Options

One more vote -- please add me to the list for this request.

• Zac Baker
    Zac Baker ✭✭✭
    Options

Please Please for sanity sake LOL  add the ability to freeze Rows I have a legend at the very top of my smartsheet that I need to be able to see at all times while working certain colors = certain tasks It would save a lot of time not to have to scroll all the way back to the top a million times a day just to see the legend.  Thank you

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll echo other comments on here. Why would someone dream up the concept of freezing columns in SS, put it on the development roadmap and assign developers to complete the work without thinking that users may also want to freeze rows? Seems like a no brainer that this should have been completed at the same time.

I'm also curious how your development roadmap is prioritised. While you've stated that you get "thousands of requests per month", surely the requests with the most attention on the Community site and those submitted via the Enhancement Request web form can be collated into a consolidated (i.e. remove the duplicates) and prioritised (based on appetite) development roadmap.

The last feature I saw added to SmartSheet was the "Profile" functionality. There didn't seem to be much call for this from users and there have been urgent feature requests backed by tons of votes dating back 2+ years that have had no movement. While profiles are nice, features like the ability to reference other sheets in a formula, freeze rows, add graphs (not tables) to Sights, specify column widths numerically, merge cells, use array formulas etc. have far more attention from users.

• Doug Carr
    Doug Carr ✭✭✭
    Options

I couldn't agree more. How freezing rows didn't get done with freezing columns seems like a huge miss. I also agree that the other features mentioned by Dan are far more important to users than Profiles. It would be very beneficial to the users and commenters on this forum to have some visibility into your development roadmap and prioritization process.

• +1 vote for freezing rows. 

If we are calculating at the top of the sheet this is a big deal. being able to freeze a row is may be small request but it a must. Please make this happen. 

This discussion has been closed.