count itmes in a column that is populated with multiple data

2»

Comments

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Chris

Please see the image below for an explanation of the functions used.

I am certain other consultants would have different solutions, but this works and isn't too laborious!

Kind regards

Debbie

Proj A B C.jpg

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help too

I ditto Paul's opening paragraph!

I started using Smartsheet in Oct 2016 and for the last 2 years have written a few courses in it which I teach either onsite if the client is in the UK, or remotely in 90 minute modules delivered via Zoom Meetings conference tool, if the client is overseas.  The modules I teach cover all aspects of using Smartsheet.

How did I learn it?  Well - from 1996 - 2007 My main role was as an IT Trainer predominantly a Microsoft Office Applications Trainer.  My favourite application to train was MS Access, with MS Excel coming in a close second.  I dabbled in MS Project training too, but generally used a freelance trainer back then called James Rezin (who you may have come across in this community (also an SBP consultant! It was James who introduced me to Smartsheet in Oct 16!). From 2007 - 2016 I consulted in ITIL Processes and helped clients set up service desk tools.  The reporting side of that saw me as a Crystal Reports consultant (where my formula's were tested to the max!!)

My approach to any "problem" is that if the problem follows logical pattern, then there must be a way of providing a solution.  I must say I love using Smartsheet and have picked it up via learning from my colleagues at SBP and by trial and error.  I like the way you have to think outside the box sometimes to find a way of getting what you want!  I am always up for learninig more and by having a play with your scenario here, Paul has introduced me to his amazing formula!

I am relatively new to the Community and find it a great source of wisdom.  Hopefully people don't mind me popping my thoughts in here too now! :)

Have a great day Chris and let us know if between us we have solved your problem.

Kind regards

Debbie

• Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the explanation ... I really appreciate your support and yes you and Paul have both helped me to solve my issue.

Many thanks for that again ...

Cheers!

Chris

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help Chris!