Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet Academy videos not working properly

JLC
JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello, have reached out to Support but haven't been able to find a solution to this other than ensuring my browser/Flash/etc are up to date, which they are. Wondering if anybody else has purchased the Smartsheet Academy course online and has been able to view the videos. They won't load initially for me - sometimes they do but only for about the first 10 seconds of the video, OR I can use the time slider and slide to a point, after which it loads ~10sec of video at that point then stops again. I do not have issues with video on any other website on this computer.

Does anybody else have this course and if so could you confirm for me that they work on your end? I am testing this out first before a larger group of coworkers enroll and any troubles like this are sure to add to their idea that change (Smartsheet over other platforms) is bad :) Much appreciated! 

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

I have not heard of this before! I will follow up with the Support team to ensure you get a resolution for this issue. 

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Travis, a coworker of mine called in to Suport today with the same issue (I was unaware she was also working through the course until I overheard her on the phone) but to my knowledge was unable to find a resolution. Thank you in advance!

• Travis
    Travis Employee

I looked into you and your coworkers open tickets with Support. It does appear there is something at your office preventing the videos from playing. Your coworker mentioned when they tried to view the videos from home, it worked without any issues.

I would reach out to your IT group and ask if there is something that may be blocking the videos from playing. There may be a security measure in place that is causing this issue. 

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much Travis, I just received an email from Support with the same advice. Thanks for confirming that it's something with our office and not yours! We'll get in touch with our IT guys and see what we can do. Much appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.