Remove 'Upgrade' button once request is sent

Melissa Campbell
Melissa Campbell ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

We have several users who periodically send an upgrade request using the 'upgrade' button next to the search dialog.  We have informed most users that they do not need to upgrade to use the system, but the button appears to be too tempting to avoid.  This results in too many requests being sent to team members unintentionally.

SmartSheetHeader.png

Comments

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee
    edited 04/30/19

Hi Melissa,

At this time, there isn't a way to remove the upgrade button from free or unlicensed accounts. However, System Admins can unsubscribe from receiving these emails. To unsubscribe, open the email message and select the "Unsubscribe" hyperlink.

Please feel free to submit a Product Enhancement Request to let our Product team know that you'd like to remove the upgrade button. 

• We really need to give the admins the option to turn off/remove "upgrade" button. We have a set number of licenses and this button provides a poor user experience for the admins (multiple email requests) and end users (disappointment when we deny).

• Yesterday I signed up for a free trial and am exploring Smartsheets, in part because we want to improve our client user experiences. Unfortunately, seeing this thread, and how the 'Upgrade' button removal request has not been addressed since Melissa's post in April 2019 I'm disappointed. If this has been remedied I'd love to see a note to this effect in this thread explaining how Admins can remove the Upgrade button. 🤞