Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

New features with Zapier

J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

All, 

Check out the new features from yesterday's update.

https://www.smartsheet.com/release-notes

Smartsheet will be pushing the Sight updates.

I'm most enthused about the Zapier updates:

5. Smartsheet for Zapier Enhancements

Significant enhancements to Smartsheet for Zapier add a number of new triggers and actions:

Triggers

Monitor Comments on a sheet to identify new comments

New Attachment to identify if a new attachment is added

Actions

1. Copy Row
  2. Create Workspace (from scratch)
  3. Move Row
  4. Send Row
  5. Share Workspace
  6. Copy folder
  7. Copy workspace
  8. Add discussion to row

Me again.

Triggers on Discussions (I assume that is what they mean with "Comments" - but I'll check today)

and Attachments. 

Document control and versioning just jumped a level using Smartsheet.

Actions: Create and Copy Workspace? Joy! Hello PMO org. Time to rollout the next project! Click.

Send Row, Add discussion? 

I know what I'll be doing the next few days - reviewing my procedures for updates because of the new features.

I'm like a kid at Christmas (if he gets gifts), right before he opens the box but has shaken it and has a very good idea that is it the toy he was hoping for.

Enjoy

Comments

• Atus Bartal
    Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Merry Christmas, Craig! Smile

I hope you'll share a couple of good practices with us after the first days of playing with the toy. :)

(Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything from my wishlist in the box... But  I'm still happy with what I've had). 

Atus

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't found anything broken yet.

And I spent about 4 hours this morning trying.

Craig

• Great new features, it's just unfortunate that Zapier is so excessively overpriced.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/11/16

Brian,

Compared to Azuqua it isn't (when they do the same things)

Azuqua is more feature filled, but the update this weekend changes things for me, a lot.

If you are on LinkedIn, I wrote a post over the weekend on the topic of automation and Zapier/Smartsheet. The gist is - there is a math that will tell you if it s overpriced or not.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.