Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Change resource management colors?

Angie Hatfield
Angie Hatfield ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Is there a way in Resource Management screen to change any colors? I would like to change the color for specific blackout days and PTO so it's visibly clear that those days are off limits.

Thank you

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Angie, we dont have a way to change colors in resource management at this point, but I will submit this request to our Product team!

• Angie Hatfield
    Angie Hatfield ✭✭✭✭

Thank you. This would be very helpful. I thought that maybe updating the Working Days in Account Settings might accomplish this, but it has no reflection whatsoever on the Resource Management calendar.

It would also be helpful to change the colors based on project as a quick visual identifier.

• Dion Garcia
    edited 07/01/16

I'm not sure if I completely understand but I think I do.  I have a Resource Management background and am new to Smartsheets.  I currently track things like PTO by maintaining a sheet of "unavails" for each quarter and creating a task line for each block of time that a resource is not available to me.  Color coding would be an added bonus for me as it would then enable me to quickly differentiate between billable activity vs. non-billable activities. I'm not trying to take away time off, but if I could have that visibility on a quick view it would create an effeciency for me.

• Hi Dion-- Thanks for that feedback! I've added your vote to modify colors in Resource Management to our enhancement request list.

This discussion has been closed.